Type of Contract and Applicants: temporary appointment (TA) and Rwandan only
Proposed ToRs for the YCA hub Driver
The driver is responsible for
- Safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles
- Regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles
- Raking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes, and locations
- Running errands for the organization upon request.
- Provide passenger transport for the YouthConnekt Africa Hub Executive Director
- Run errands for the Executive Director, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills, and buying small quantities of office supplies
- Completes the vehicle log correctly
- Cleans the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly
- Checks oil, water, brakes, and brake liquid, tire pressure, battery levels, and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
- Responsible for the organization vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log and recording monthly maintenance.
- Calculates monthly petrol, oil, and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and for forwarding monthly vouchers to cost accounting.
- Reports need for service and carries out minor repairs.
- Immediately reports all involvement of the vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings.
3. Other duties/additional tasks
- Assists other staff of the organization upon request and approval by the Executive Director.
C. Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- Secondary school education
- Holds a valid driver’s license
- At least 1-3 years’ work experience as a driver with references
- No major accidents in the past 3 years
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda, ideally a knowledge of French
- Discipline and punctuality
- Resilience and patience
- Appropriate appearance and attire (friendly manner with all passengers)
- Ensures unrestricted availability of vehicle at all times and reports restrictions immediately
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) before the 15th April 2020 at 5:00 PM, by e-mail to email@example.com. Please quote the job title in the mail subject.
Organization: YouthConnekt Africa Hub
Application period: April 6-18th, 2021
Duration of Contract: One Year with possibility of renewal
Type of Contract and Applicants: temporary appointment (TA)
Africa’s greatest resource is arguably its nearly 230 million youth. Yet, this tremendous asset is relatively untapped. This is largely due to limited access to education, mentorship, finance, employment opportunities and health required to meaningfully participate in the continent’s socio-economic transformation and realize the economic dividend.
YouthConnekt Africa (YCA) has emerged as a high-impact solution for African countries to realize the demographic dividend. Launched in Rwanda in 2012, YouthConnekt has been embraced for its innovative design and implementation providing youth with the skills, networks and information needed to scale their initiatives and gain meaningful employment. To date, eighteen countries have already initiated YouthConnekt and many others have expressed their wish to implement the model.
The Inaugural July 2017 YCA Summit mandated the setup of a Hub to scale-up the initiative. YCA, a Pan-African platform endorsed to act as an implementing mechanism of the African Union (AU) youth charter and have as its vision “connecting African youth for socio-economic transformation”. Its mission is to reinforce members’ youth empowerment initiatives and entrepreneurs with expertise, partnerships and the brand of YouthConnekt. The YCA Hub will mainstream gender in its program design and implementation.
The YCA Hub strategy aims to touch at least 1.2 million Youth (women and men) in Africa over five years. YCA would thus contribute to at least seven of the SDGs goals and the AU 2063 agenda, targeting 25 million jobs created and 50 million youth upskilled.
The YouthConnekt Africa Hub and Fund will be hinged on the five strategic principles: 1) Youth in the driver’s seat – mobilization of youth to drive YCA in each country; 2) Contextualization – country hubs and members will be supported to contextualize YCA; 3) Innovation – in program design, in the use of technology and in fundraising; 4) Implementation – Efficient, Effective and Sustainable; 5) Data Driven – use data to inform decisions, drive actions and advance advocacy agenda.
The YCA Hub will improve the skills, attitudes, knowledge and motivation of young African innovators to shape a better future for themselves and the continent by expanding access to economic, social and civic opportunities through National YouthConnekt initiatives. This will be achieved through i) coordinating a global network to create a continental ecosystem for African youth; ii) sharing experience and knowledge on program and policy design, youth initiatives and reporting; and iii) providing a conduit for resources at scale and data on youth to upskill and finance African youth.
1-Executive/Program Assistant (Intern)
The Executive/Program Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Executive Director and the YCA team members. She/he will provide clerical and administrative duties, including, analyzing and improving office processes and policies, ensuring that the office operates smoothly, event management, scheduling, writing correspondence, emailing, handling visitors routing callers and requests; communicating with external partners; managing deadlines and progress across the team to ensure activities are delivered on time and on budget in coordination with the finance manager. Prepare procurement plan for service providers and vendors to deliver goods in a timely manner; assist in the delivery of project activities and making adjustments as necessary to ensure they are delivered to specifications and high standards in close collaboration with ED.
This position requires administrative efficiency, strong communications skills, judgment, and strong work ethics.
Roles and Responsibilities • Day to day management of the YouthConnekt Africa office • Strong verbal and written communication skills • Manage ED’s calendar, contact database, travel, drafting, set appointments, daily call list • Provide administrative and technical support in preparation of meetings (internal and external) prepare agenda, take minutes and prepare reports • Ability to streamline and improve processes to handle the heavy workload of the ED • Assist with YCA Board/Steering Committee meetings preparation and take minutes • Create and editing proposals, letters and documents. • Maintain a high level of professionalism among staff, leadership and external partners.
• Coordinate both domestic and international travel arrangements • Handle information requests and knowledge sharing of best practices • Prepare Briefings, memos, factsheets, and PowerPoint presentation for ED • Prepare correspondence, reception of couriers and in and out mailing • Great interpersonal skills as the first point of contact for visitors • Ability to set priorities and pay attention to details • Coordinate travel arrangements; prepare itineraries; • Prepare travel vouchers and receipts for financial reconciliation • Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system • Ability to research youth-related issues and priorities for the attention of the ED.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Public administration, Public Relations and Communication, Marketing, Administration, Management, Political Science, Business Administration
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in similar position or providing administrative support to senior executives, Communication for various event and programmes, advertising or event management.
• Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management.
• Outstanding verbal communication and strong presentation skills.
• Strong writing skills for clear and concise memos, letters, proposals, and other high level correspondences.
• Demonstrate ability to manage time and work effectively and efficiently;
• Strong project management and event planning experience.
• Advanced web and database research capabilities.
• Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skillset. Experience with Google Docs, and graphic design software highly useful.
• Social media management: Twitter, Facebook, Linked-in, et. al.
• Excellent knowledge of both English and French, the good working knowledge of the other is an added advantage.
• Ability to handle confidential matters with utmost discretion
• Ability to balance competing priorities, with the to anticipate needs ahead
• Conceptual and writing skills
This position is an internship position with a yearly stipend of $2,400 USD, a transport lump sum of 500 USD; and a communication fee of 200 USD.
2-Communications and Social Media Associate (intern)
The Communications and Social Media Associate will provide all-round support in coordination, communication, and event management. The incumbent will assist in liaising with national YCA initiatives, managing knowledge management, and will support the YCA programme team to ensure the smooth operations at the secretariat. Moreover, the Programme Associate will assist in developing and implementing plans to promote YCA as a continental brand.
Roles and Responsibilities
-At large, the Associate will be responsible for internal and external relations on behalf of YouthConnekt Africa
-Implement communication strategies through projects and events
-Maintain records of public relations including events, workshops, interviews, etc. -Facilitate effective communication within the organization and to various partners
2. Event Management -Plan, organize, and facilitate events related to the mandate of YouthConnekt Africa with a strong attention to time and financial constraints -Outreach and scheduling for event venues, guests, and speakers -Oversee events and adapt to challenges that may arise -Evaluation of success and improvement areas for future events
3. Social Media
- Generate original social media content on a weekly basis which is informed by digital marketing research, geared towards the intended audience, and aligned with the mission of YouthConnekt Africa
- Keep an organized record of social media analytics and trends in order to track progress and optimize the impact of social media content
-Strategic management of accounts on a daily basis to increase visibility, ensure high engagement with audience, and expand social media networks
-Keep detailed records of projects in order to facilitate subsequent report writing -Create reports which document project processes, findings, and achievements -Write, edit, and present reports to various audiences including, but not limited to, youth beneficiaries, strategic partners, officials, and management
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
-Associate should have a bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, Computer science, Event Management, Public Relations, or another relevant field of study. Master’s degree holders will be preferred.
-Work and/or volunteer experience with social media platforms and social media marketing -Work and/or volunteer experience in event planning and management -Diverse and thorough understanding of the operations of social media outlets -Strong interpersonal skills which transcend age, language, and cultural barriers -Exceptional written and oral communication skills
-Familiarity and commitment to the mission of YouthConnekt Africa -Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills -Ability to work well under pressure and time constraints -Adaptable and resilient in the face of pressure and unpredictable circumstances or setbacks
1. Increase social media network by 15% throughout the duration of the contract
2. Organize and facilitate at least two successful events and/or workshops/webinars which are aligned with the mandate of YouthConnekt Africa and improve public relations
3. Produce detailed reports of communication projects and events for documentation and to develop better practices in the future
The holder will get a Gross annual stipend of 2,400 USD, a transport lump sum of 500 USD; and a communication fee of 200 USD.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidate for the above positions, are encouraged to send their detailed application including application letter, CV, and copies of education qualification and certificates to Qamer Uddin Jatoi firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com. Please indicate the position name in the email subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications should be submitted not later than 18th April 2021 at the latest by 17h00 Pm-Kigali time. Late applications will not be accepted. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.